Historic hotel near Reading
The Bird In Hand is a 14th-century inn located in Knowl Hill, near Maidenhead, offering comfortable and stylish ensuite accommodation with dog-friendly options, and a very warm welcome.
The nearest train station is Twyford, accessible from London in 30 minutes. Reading, Legoland and Windsor Castle are all reached within 20 minutes’ drive, with Heathrow Airport just 10 miles away.
Our 21 hotel rooms include:
- Ensuite private bathroom with shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Coffee machine
- Flat-screen TV
- Writing desk
- Breakfast included
- Iron and ironing board
- Rooms for wedding parties with early check-in and late check-out (on request, subject to availability)
- Family-friendly rooms available
- Dog-friendly rooms available